Thursday, February 9, 2012

STREETKARNAGE GOES STATUS

Seat choice these days gets extremely difficult with the amount of copied seats lurking around the car scene. After countless months of serious decision making I finally came to a conclusion to purchase a set from Status Racing in the States.


Many of you, especially those from down under probably wouldn't have heard or even seen a set of these seats before but according to statusracing.com the company take pride in delivering top-quality products.


After opening the box I was immediately impressed with the seats. Although they only fit a 32-33 waist I found them extremely comfortable to sit in. 
(I'm a 33) 


I also ordered a pair of Status's very own harnesses. The packaging on these bad boys was far from normal.


One influential factor that helped me choose Status was that both the seats & harnesses were FIA approved. (Not all their products are FIA approved but they assure everyone they are working on it.)


Each Status seat features an aluminium name plate on each side of the shell as a nice finishing touch.


According to statusracing.com all seats are made in the U.S.A using high quality composite materials derived from a background in military safety products. They do come in carbon / kevlar but your looking at almost double the price.


Overall I would have to say that without fitting them to the car, I'm extremely happy with my seat choice. Apart from the odd mark on the fabric which im guessing was from the shipping they are a very high quality seat. For the two seats & harnesses delivered they cost a fraction under the 3k AUS mark but well worth it I think. 

Keep an eye out for a write-up on the fit-up & testing of the seats on the track.